Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quick trip

As most of you know, I was recently a part of a quick, jet lag inducing, rescue trip back to the states to get Shadow the cat. In a quick 30 hours (insert sarcasm here), I went from Okinawa to Tokyo to San Francisco to Phoenix to Albuquerque picked up Shadow, took her to the vet and caught a flight back and did it all in reverse only with the cat in tow. (The entire trip took four days total ... 2.5 of which were spent either in the air or in an airport. lol) She was less than happy to be in her little cage...note the mean eyes.


But even with all that, I think she knew it was all in her best interest...because there was only one injury. And I deserved this one...The vet, tech, and I were holding her down at the clinic trying to force her to take pills. She was fighting for her life. There were plenty of other opportunities for her to take me out and she didn't take them. Like when I had to take her out of her cage TWICE (once in Albuquerque and then again in San Fran) while we cleared security. I just had to stand there and hold her. I kept waiting on her to just start to claw me unmercifully and bolt through the airport to get away from me and the dreaded cage, but she was a good kitty.
It was mind numbing. I knew it wasn't going to be a "fun" trip, but I had no idea just how tired I was going to be!! The first chance we got, Shadow and I both CRASHED for a couple of hours!!



But we are home now, and she seems to be adapting well. I think Japan suits her. She even seems to be much more tolerant of my existence these days. Maybe the trip was good for our relationship ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least she didn't throw herself into a seizure and pee all over herself like Murray would do when I would put him into his cage to go to the vet. Needless to say he does not go in the cage anymore. Cat urine is disgusting and smells awful.