Sunday, March 7, 2010

Whales!!!

Once a year, the humpback whales come into the warm waters of Okinawa to breed. This would be where I would put the awesome pictures of our whale watching tour that we went on yesterday ... had we been able to go. But unfortunately, it was cancelled due to weather. Oh well, there's always next year!!


Justin and I decided to make a day of it anyway and head down into the capital city of Naha and try to find the fish market. (Thank goodness for iphones and GPS!!) We picked up some fresh sashimi (raw fish) and fruit and brought it home and had a great lunch!
I also finally found Logan some cool chopsticks ... I'd say overall, it was a very productive day!!

5 comments:

tripletmomplus1 said...

Ok, I'm scared of the big blue fish there in the last pic!!! I want house pics, you know I'm concerned after seeing some of the ovens and things in pics...so put up the house pics.

How did car shopping go..or are you having to walk for now?

Unknown said...

Is Logan there with you? Or back here?

Unknown said...

what kind of fruit is that? It looks yummy!

Misty said...

Michelle: Okay, okay...House pics are coming!! I'll put some up today! But keep in mind, everything isn't EXACTLY where I want it... and still walking for now. The car is a sore subject around here ;) lol

Lisa: Logan is with his dad there in Mississippi. He's gonna come and enjoy the great country of Japan with me this summer. I can't wait!! I'm building my list of things to do as we speak!!

Allison: I think it's a passion fruit. I thought it was a kumquait (sp?) but after a little research, I think I was wrong! ;)

Lisa McReynolds said...

Awwwwww, I love the pics of the house! Looks like a great place!!! ANd I know Logan will be so excited to come there...how many kids say they get to go spend their summer in JAPAN!??! (Can I stow away, too???)
Keep the pics coming...they're awesome!! :) :)