Friday, March 19, 2010

Exploration

Some days it's just so pretty outside that you can't stay in the house. Today was one of those days. So I decided to drive until I found a beach (hardly a huge feat on a tiny island in the Pacific!). But parking is always a huge issue here, so I went to my source of information okinawahai.com and read up on all the beaches, which ones had easy to find parking, and came up with Zanpa beach. It's about 30 minutes from Kadena Air Base...so I was off. Top down, directions in hand, fully charged camera battery, and sunscreen applied. It was beautiful! I took some photos. I wish the blue-ness of the water had come through in the pictures. It was so pretty!! I even met some people who were vacationing from Tokyo and staying at a resort across the street from the beach. They were really nice and really wanted to talk to me. (I think it's the southern accent) but my lack of Japanese and their broken English made it nearly impossible. It was funny to try though. We all laughed a lot. There was a lot of pointy talk. It was like charades! I was set until I needed to say more than hello, good afternoon, yes, and thank you!! ha!






After a hot day relaxing on the beach, that's when these random vending machines that are literally EVERYWHERE all over Okinawa come in handy. I just put on my caution lights, pulled over, jumped out and got a drink. When in Oki, do as the Okinawans do ;)

No comments: