Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Touched down in the land of the delta blues

So, I've successfully completed the first leg of my flight. I sit in
Memphis as I update the blog. It was fairly uneventful (which is
always good ... ) But not without it's comedic moments ... Probably
more funny to me though because A) I was there to witness and 2) Ive
been up since 3:45 am. Sleep deprivation always makes things a lot
funnier!

First of all ... Apparently I look very suspicious because my carry on
had to be "bag checked" and scanned twice. I mean completely emptied
and scanned. I didn't think my granola bars and hoodie could be so
ominous when viewed through x-Ray!! Lol it was quite funny. And the
metal detector kept going off when I walked through it. For no reason.
Funny stuff.

And the flight attendent on my flight was new. Very obviously in
training with another attendent helping him. And he looked EXACTLY
like Clay Aiken from American idol. And his name was Clayton. He read
everything straight from the manuals (except for the occassional ad
libbed, "ugh...I hate this part!") it made me chuckle. Think Clay
decided to give up the singing thing and go flight attendent?? I wonder!

Sorry if this all seemed like a lot of rambling ... I was too excited
to sleep well last night. Stay tuned!

Singing off from the land of the delta blues!

Misty

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: