Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 2

Day two has been a blurr. An amazing blurr. We woke up bright and early and went down to breakfast complete with fresh fruit, cheeses, champagne, fresh croissants, juices...delicious!! Then it was off to the Louvre

The Louvre was quite an undertaking. I'm pretty sure you could spend weeks in there and still not appreciate all it has to offer, but we just spent several hours. There are so many great works of art. I don't know what to include on the blog...Of course when everyone thinks of the Louvre, they think of the Mona Lisa...so that's what I'll show. (Although, I must say, I saw so many much cooler things!!)




After walking MILES around the museum, we took off on foot and walked the 3.6 miles to the Arc de Triomphe....and then proceeded to walk up the 284 steps to reach the top. I was exhausted!! But I made it! I'm not sure Justin realizes just how proud he should be of me for not stroking out half way up. GEEZ!! And it wasn't a slow pace up either. NO WAY! It was a tiny spiral staircase with a stampede of people right behind you, so you practically ran up. I deserve a tiny Parisian medal! ;) No worries. My reward was the view!

When we were done at the Arc, we decided to try our hand at the metro to get back near our hotel to grab dinner (Paris's subway) After staring at a map for a bit, we finally figured it out and crammed ourselves into a subway car like a sardine and away we went. We only got lost once...at the corner of "Rue Ravioli and the place where the map folds" but I guess as long as you know where you are, you really aren't lost, are you?? ;) Once we were acclimated again, it was off to dinner at a Parisian restaurant complete with wine and escargot. The battery was dead in the camera or I would insert pictures here. Quite yummy. Then all topped off with pistachio and cherry vanilla gelato for Justin and I. It couldn't have been a better day. Tomorrow is PACKED with things already. I must get some sleep. Au revoir!




No comments: