Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day one...from the beginning...

Okay...so here goes...are you ready?? To preface this, it's 1:30am Paris time, which means it's 6:30pm my time...which means it's been about a day and a half (I think...I can't really keep up anymore) with no sleep...I actually did get an hour and a half sleep in the hotel, so that's not entirely true. Anyway, all that is to say that if this doesn't make any sense, it's not my fault. 36 hours without sleep does a lot to a person's brain. The neurons stop firing at about 24 hours. Justin and I figured that out the hard way when walking seemed to be a difficult task. Sleeping on the plane proved to be an impossible tasked. For me, I was just too excited I think.

So, to pick up from Memphis. I boarded the plane and ended up smack in the middle of a heavy metal band named Seven Witches. (Pictures to follow, right Jack???) They were totally cool and kept me company the whole way...I know you guys can't imagine me fitting in with a heavy metal band, but I'm cooler than you give me credit for!! And if I hadn't been already sleep deprived, I would have a group picture to insert here...but Jack is now a follower of my blog and is going to send me a pic. I have faith ;) ha!!

Anyway....once in Houston, I after standing in line forever, then waiting on Justin, we finally boarded our flight and were inbound to Paris!! :) We had several movies to watch, but never really got around to watching any of them...we played games, read books, talked, and kind of goofed off. And then nine hours later....ARRIVED!!!

Once we were here, we managed to make our way to the hotel. And it actually wasn't that tough of an experience. Even though we ended up in the "slow" line of the train ticket machine...but it was fine. We only missed the first two. ha! We weren't sure that the hotel was going to let us check in early anway, but we got here at 11:00 and they were nice enough to let us go ahead and check in and we were able to shower, change clothes and head out. We went to the place where Marie Antoinette was held. Then grabbed some lunch at an Indian place. It was awesome!! Then we were so sleep deprived that we came back and took a nap for about an hour and a half and half. Then we headed back out again. This time we went to Notre Dame and walked around and took in the sights. We finished it off by drinking a few glasses of wine at a cafe on the banks of the Seine. It was the most amazing night. I can't imagine what the rest of the trip can possible have in store!!



Eating at the Indian Place.................

Notre Dame



Completly jet Lagged and about to call it a night

No comments: